Frequently Asked Questions
About 50Plus Resumes
50Plus Resumes is the first niche resume-writing service focused on professionals who may be prone to age discrimination or “ageism” in the hiring world. This resume writing service is tailored 100% to professionals in the 50-plus age category - and specifically branding strategies to combat ageism. Our team of experts have reviewed thousands of resumes for 50-plus professionals and helped even the most impossible cases land more interviews and get hired faster.
We are committed to helping 50-plus professionals identify and best articulate their personal and professional brands. We offer resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn writing services that help our clients regain their confidence and convey their value in an ageist job market.
50Plus Resumes focuses on 50-plus professionals and their unique challenges as candidates in the job market, whereas other resume writing services are one-size-fits-all. This means that the key ageism red flags are not likely being addressed. One-size-fits-all resume services that crank out millions of resumes, can boast quantity but that doesn’t necessarily equate to quality.
At 50Plus Resumes we are a small team dedicated to paying attention to all aspects of your resume and application strategy - especially those subtle nuances that can really age the resume. Other services don’t have the bandwidth to pick up on this.
Professionals who are prone to ageism face a number of challenges not faced by other job searchers. Therefore they need a team of branding experts who are attentive to writing in a way that overcomes those challenges. To name a few challenges that we focus on in our work:
- Creating a Solid Brand Story: More experienced professionals have more career experience to work with when creating their unique brand stories. This experience has to be positioned just right - especially in career pivot, changes, or reentry situations! We select the right stories to highlight and downplay the experience that is not as compelling - creating the perfect mix needed to capture hiring manager attention.
- Catching Age Giveaways: Dates, technology, and even your resume header are all BIG age giveaways. We know what to keep and what to cut. We also will advise on any opportunities for further sharpening your wealth of experience!
- Modernizing Your Visual Resume Brand: "Looking the part" is important when it comes to your resume's first impression. That’s why we only use modern resume templates that are fully optimized for ATS and other technology traps. Think about our templates as a full-on makeover for YOU on paper!
About Our Services
Not everyone needs the help of a professional resume writer. Some folks just have a knack for writing a resume that produces call-backs! If your resume is landing job interviews, consider yourself in good shape. Likewise, if we review your resume and find it is as strong as it can be, we will let you know. We only want to work with people we can actually help!
Our typical resume writing client is someone who:
- Struggles to write about himself/herself
- Struggles to identify opportunities to promote his/her unique value in every word
- Is uncertain about resume real estate or the prime eye-catching areas
- Is unfamiliar with ATS systems including best-in-industry keywords/SEO, but knows this is critical for getting into a human’s hands
- Is going through a career change, career pivot, or re-entry situation and is at a loss for crafting a brand story that will appear as “relevant” to employers.
- Is a successful executive but getting passed over by employers in the application process
There are a few signs you may be in need of resume writing support:
- You aren’t hearing back from your applications or you are hearing back but for the wrong types of roles. Your resume is meant to elicit a response. If it’s not doing that, it’s not working.
- The same goes for LinkedIn: If you haven’t received a whole lot of contact from LinkedIn recruiters or employers, there’s a good chance your profile is not optimized. Since employers hunt for talent online, you can bet they will see your LinkedIn profile before your resume and you can’t afford to get this wrong. If you are lacking a robust, maxed out summary and other key profile parts, you’ll want to consider a LinkedIn rewrite ASAP!
We offer multiple resume-writing packages and standalone services. In our experience, our clients in need of a resume tend to also need a matching cover letter and LinkedIn profile. Therefore we bundle those services at a discounted rate. All of our pricing can be found here.
Keep in mind resume-writing services are tax-deductible in most cases. For more details speak with your accountant or visit the IRS website.
Unlike most resume-writing mills, where you never get to speak with your writer, you can expect phone and unlimited email communications with your 50Plus writer throughout the entire process!
Resume writing works best when you collaborate with your writer. Fortunately for you, collaboration is one of the things we do best! The collaboration starts after you sign up with our strategic brand-building questions in our Client Intake Form. Once you submit your form, your writer will review your information and jump right in! Your writer will email you within 48 hours to kick off the process and schedule your 45-minute Strategy Call. During that call you will continue to collaborate on your resume as you go through the resume first draft. Your writer will then take all your feedback, preferences, and revision requests back to the writing process to produce your 2nd draft. Throughout the writing process your writer will be available via email for any questions or additional feedback! In total, the entire process will take one or two weeks (depending on how quickly you turn around feedback).
In addition to resumes, we also write cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and executive bios. If you’re looking for additional job search support tools and resources, all 50Plus Resume clients receive a 15% discount to the Job Search Accelerator, Search Booster, Career Pro, or Strategy Guru membership using code: 50PLUS-JSA.
About Our Team
Yes! As masters in our craft with over decades of combined writing experience, we have worked with clients from a wide range of functions and industries. Most likely we have worked with people in your field. Yet, if we haven’t, you won’t be disadvantaged. Here’s why:
Regardless of industry, function, or level, every job seeker faces the same challenges. If industry knowledge was the key to your landing a job, you would have landed one by now; but it's not.
Effective resume writing strategy requires a combination of: writing best practices, ATS & keyword strategy, branding trends, hiring expertise, job-matching, tailoring, and accomplishment-based writing (to name a few).
Our clients are the subject matter experts and we bring the rest! However you can be confident that your writer knows the right questions to ask to pull out your industry-specific achievements that will be of value to your new and improved brand.
In addition to our years of writing expertise for professionals experiencing ageism, our clients find tremendous value in the questions presented in our client intake process and during the Strategy Call. Because of this, we are able to transform our clients' professional brands and attract best-fit jobs and hiring managers.
We work with only a handful of the best resume writers in the industry. Each of our writers has a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) certification, ensuring that they are always up to trend with the latest in resumes. We also only hire Executive Resume Writers who have experience working with professionals with years of experience. Finally, we only hire writers who have some form of hiring, HR or recruiting experience. This is a critical piece to the resume writing process because it allows our writers to always brand you with the hiring eye and perspective in mind.
We also take a much more personal interest in our clients including spending time on the phone to make sure we understand our clients and their goals during the process. Some clients take more hand holding than others and that’s okay by us! So you are paying for a much more collaborative and high-end service with a team of expert writers handling your case.
There is no substitute for a guarantee of a certified writer with hiring experience, reading and writing every word. We are invested in seeing you succeed and we do whatever it takes to make that happen. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed!
Once you've decided on the best resume package for you, simply select and order your package here! Once we receive your order you will receive a link to the Client Intake Form in your purchase receipt. After you submit your intake form back to us, your writer will be in touch via email, within 48 hours to schedule your Strategy Call and kick off the process.
Help & Support
Since your writer will be investing a whole lot of time, thought, strategy, and heart into getting your branding just right, we can not offer refunds on any of our writing services. However, all 50Plus Resume services are 100% satisfaction guaranteedAND our writers make a point to collaborate VERY closely throughout the process so that there won't be any surprises on your end.
At the time of document completion, your resume writer will ask if you are satisfied with the final product. If you aren’t, we ask that you let us know at this time and your writer will make the revisions needed to exceed your expectations. We don’t consider a resume “finalized” until you give us the green light.
We are committed to 100% satisfaction guaranteed on all services. If you don’t land any callbacks after submitting your new resume to job applications, all you have to do is get in touch with your resume writer and provide a sample of the job descriptions to which you’ve applied. At this point, your expert will have another look and analyze where it’s off, consulting with the Noelle and the team as necessary. Your writer will then make the tweaks, revisions, and edits to make you happy and send you on our way.
You landing an interview is our top priority! Unlike other resume-writing services out there, founder Noelle Gross makes a point to personally ensure all clients are receiving top-notch service and the strongest quality branding. Therefore you can expect a responsive team committed to your job landing success! Your skin is in the game. Ours is too. We stand behind every resume we write. Satisfaction & results guaranteed!